noun (C) a special light coloured pen used for marking words in a book, article etc

Longman dictionary of contemporary English. 2004.

Игры ⚽ Поможем написать курсовую

Look at other dictionaries:

  • highlighter — ► NOUN 1) a broad marker pen used to overlay transparent fluorescent colour on a part of a text or plan. 2) a cosmetic used to emphasize the cheekbones or other features …   English terms dictionary

  • highlighter — [hī′līt΄ər] n. 1. a pen, usually with a broad felt tip, for marking passages, as in a textbook 2. a cosmetic preparation for adding bright color to the eyes or cheeks …   English World dictionary

  • Highlighter — Highlighters A highlighter is a felt tip pen which is used to draw attention to sections of documents by marking them with a vivid, translucent colour.[1] A typical highlighter is fluorescent yellow, coloured with pyranine.[2] …   Wikipedia

  • highlighter — [[t]ha͟ɪlaɪtə(r)[/t]] highlighters 1) N MASS Highlighter is a pale coloured cosmetic that someone puts above their eyes or on their cheeks to emphasize the shape of their face. 2) N COUNT A highlighter is a pen with brightly coloured ink that is… …   English dictionary

  • highlighter — UK [ˈhaɪˌlaɪtə(r)] / US [ˈhaɪˌlaɪtər] noun [countable] Word forms highlighter : singular highlighter plural highlighters 1) a brightly coloured pen, used for marking important words on a document 2) a type of make up that makes particular parts… …   English dictionary

  • highlighter — noun Highlighter is used before these nouns: ↑pen …   Collocations dictionary

  • highlighter — noun Date: 1964 a pen with a broad felt tip and brightly colored transparent ink for marking selected passages in a text …   New Collegiate Dictionary

  • highlighter — /huy luy teuhr/, n. 1. a cosmetic used to emphasize some part of the face, as the eyes or the cheekbones. 2. a felt tip pen with a wide nib for highlighting passages of printed material in a soft, transparent color. [1965 70; HIGHLIGHT + ER1] * * …   Universalium

  • highlighter — noun A marker pen used to highlight text …   Wiktionary

  • highlighter — high|light|er [ˈhaılaıtə US ər] n a special light coloured pen used for marking words in a book, article etc …   Dictionary of contemporary English

  • highlighter — high|light|er [ haı,laıtər ] noun count 1. ) a brightly colored pen, used for marking important words on a document 2. ) a type of MAKE UP that makes particular parts of the face more noticeable …   Usage of the words and phrases in modern English

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”